Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rain Rain Come again

There's something about the smell of the first rains....i don't know what it is but even in a dirty city like mumbai it is exhilarating. You just breathe in deep and breathe in the fresh air...the only time mumbai probably has fresh air...

The first rains is also romantic....it is wonderful to stand at the window and watch the raindrops fall in dancing patterns caused by the blowing wind. The rains always make me nostalgic and there is a yearning..for what I don't know .

Soon we will be cursing the rain, if there's not sufficient of it or if there's too much of it. This time round the rains came without a whimper...I mean there was no thunder, no lightning...even the clouds dint look like rain clouds. Of course if you ask the MET man he will say this is still not the rains, it is pre-monsoon. From June 10th I have been reading their statements about how monsoon is 2 days away, 5 days away etc....I don't think they have a clue.

Anyways, in the meantime I smelt the fragrance of the first rains...and that magic will be recreated only next season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home