Monday, June 22, 2009

Changing shoes

You don't really think about how quickly time is flying till it hits you in the face. Last week my niece got married. The same one who bawled her head off right through my marriage ceremony....I have photos to prove that.....clinging to her mom and crying blue because there were too many strangers pinching her rosy cheeks...she was a beautiful baby and she made a beautiful bride....I still remember her waddling unsteady into my arms as I came home from work. And now she is a married woman.
As I stole a solitary second in the marriage hall to reflect on the past, I realised that time has flown so quickly, too quickly for my liking. C'est La Vie. There's nothing you can do about it.
And I want to tell her to enjoy every moment of her new life..........soon it will be her niece who is in her shoes and she will be in mine.

6 Comments:

At June 22, 2009 , Blogger NJ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At June 22, 2009 , Blogger NJ said...

spoken truly....i remember mom saying when sanaa was born that you did so much for me as a little baby - all the dirty jobs like cleaning bottoms and changing etc etc :)

 
At June 23, 2009 , Blogger Sandy said...

wish i could have done as much for sanaa!

 
At June 23, 2009 , Anonymous Sam said...

Missed your posts. Welcome Back!

 
At June 24, 2009 , Blogger Sandy said...

Thanks Sam!

 
At July 01, 2009 , Blogger Kiran Iyer said...

i totally agree chitti!
i remember watching the video whr i stole chitta's kerchief right out of his pokcet in the reception and also the funny thing is, he is holding on to his pocket in my wedding album!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home