Monday, May 25, 2009

Bak Bak Bakwas

43 posts in less than a year? What have I said so much? And I dint even know. Why dint someone tell me not to blog so much.
That makes me wonder ...why do people blog so much?
Well as for me...
I kiss spouse goodbye at 8 in the morning and don't see him till 8 in the evening. That leaves me 12 hours to do what I want. And what I want I can't do it here. I can't go for my veena classes, I can't go mall hopping, I can't go and browse in any Crossword book store (there aren't any) I can't go for a movie..(there are no theatres here)..so that leaves me with the TV, the comp and reading the same old books I have (until the next jaunt). Well there is only this much and no more of the TV I can watch...I mean how much of the saas - bahu serials can you watch or the news or the music channels.... and hence it is the Comp which has all my attention.

Well someone here would say what about being a housewife with chores? There are no chores to do here..at least not much...This is not amchi mumbai ..so no dust..the house will be sparkling clean even after say 20 days...no kids to mess it up in any case...and then I have my faithful lady Friday...she comes in alternate days and leaves the house smelling of flowers and pine.

Then what about cooking did I hear you say? Well cooking and I are not exactly compatible. My technique here is more the wham bham ...if you know what I mean. Nothing which takes more than half an hour of my time. Mind you, I am still considered a good cook by all and sundry. I even have a trophy to prove that...you don't know about that? Let me fill you in....We had a cooking competition conducted by 92.3 FM radio, in our building in amchi mumbai.....we were given a 20 min slot..and allowed to bring in precooked rice, or marinated chicken etc....And guess what I made...Puliyogre Rice (tamarind rice to the uninitiated).....using MTR Mix!!!. It took all of 5 mins, the mixing of the powder and rice...and I WON....Thanks MTR..
Then again I always wanted to write a novel.....many a times I have won the Booker prize..the whathaveyou award for the best fiction by a modern writer, in my dreams.....I just think I have nothing to say that will fill a book. Still 43 posts is quite some...and lol! this has been my longest post.
What exactly have I said????
Chumma Timepass, that's all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home