Thursday, April 2, 2009

It wasn't cricket

Yesterday was fun. It was world cup pre qualifying football match between BiH and Belgium. The people were in a winning mood even before the match began. Fans poured in from all parts of Bosnia dressed in their traditional colours of blue and yellow. There was much merriment on the streets partly due to the beer consumed. I suspect that the sale of beer would have crossed the yearly average!! There was much singing and dancing on the roads (Bosnians love to sing). My spouse and I did not go to the stadium but we stood with the crowd outside the stadium and watched on the big screen. It was fun drinking beer, eating chevapi (without the meat...which essentially meant bread and onions!!...lol!!) and tapping our feet to the music which was being played before the match started. I confess we saw just about 5 minutes of the actual game...But thats becasue we are not football fans...we are more into cricket.....aren't all indians?

Somewhere deep in my sleep I heard fire crackers...The Bosnians had won!! We had won!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home