Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Viva La Femme

Women's Day 2008, I had a wonderful time travelling to Venice, Nice, Monaco, Monte Carlo and Verona, with a bus load of Bosnian women and two Indian women. It was fun and crazy. The long hours of sitting did take its toll on the bum but the spirit was joyous. I guess women all over the world are the same...the Bosnian women sang, ate and cackled right through the journey.

This March 8th I had a quieter ride with spouse. We went to a small town here called Fonica. Small but beautiful in the typical east European way. March 8th in Zenica is very gay. You see the men purposefully walking with flowers in hand. I guess its an indication that there is a woman in their lives. Small kiosks selling fresh flowers and stuffed heart pillows spring overnight and the pedestrian street looks charming.

I hope the moral police in India had no problems about people celebrating Women's Day back home. After all it is just one day in 365 days. The remaining days, it is probably about men in most families.

2 Comments:

At March 16, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

hi sandhya ur description of the pedestrian street in Zenica brought make loads of happy memories to me.....i just had a sweet walk down memory lane as i was going thru ur article...it reminded me of all the long walks that i usually used to have on the pedestrian street till the river...the pjatsa...memories came flooding to me...i realy at times long to visit Zenica once more!!!!Am stil in love with the city....

 
At March 16, 2009 , Blogger Sandy said...

hey

ya its a city difficult to forget! I agree.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home