Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Never Again

It was distressing to watch "Scream Bloody Murder" on CNN. It was all about genocides...by the Germans, by the pol pot regime, in Rwanda, in Bosnia and in Dafur. When I travelled to Munich I went to Dachau, the first concentration camp for Jews in Germany. It was agonising. I have seen the Holocaust Museum in Washington. There was not a single dry eye. Today I live in a country where such genocide has occurred. As I see people around me and I wonder how it is that they can show a will to go on and live a normal life after experiencing genocide first hand. But I guess a normal life is what they want most. In Dachau there is a memorial which says "Never Again". But I guess its just that. A memorial. Nobody has learned any lessons from it. Genocides will continue as the world stands by and watches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home