Monday, March 2, 2009

Fishy Tale

We have a fish tank again. Our very first fish many years ago, was a blue fighter fish in a glass bowl. It was christened Teddy for some reason. I spent many lonely hours talking to Teddy but I think Teddy got bored to death. Many other fishes followed ...but none of them survived for some reason or the other. One lot died because of my ignorance...I generously sprayed a mosquito repellent around the house only to later read on the can, a caveat: "Do not spray near fishes" !!!

Anyways in the new lot we have 12 fishes. Yesterday when we brought them home for the first time, two of them jumped out of the container, in protest, I think, against the change of residence. Luckily we have 12 for now. I hope they are there with me for a long time. Though if my children had a say in the matter they would have said buy a dog.

3 Comments:

At March 02, 2009 , Blogger Kiran Iyer said...

i agree withe the dog part!

but ashok recently bought fishes too...
one fighter fish, one gold and one guppie fish
and yes they r amazing!!!

 
At March 02, 2009 , Blogger NJ said...

I had four goldfish once.....they didn't survive very long either! We did better with our dogs!!! :)

 
At March 03, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i believe mosquito repellent won't be a problem, since there are no mosquitos here....but i am worried about the other cause :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home