Tuesday, February 3, 2009

PDA

The TOI report quoted a minister saying that girls and boys holding hands in public is not in our culture. Gee, I am glad that our paths never crossed. Who knows, I may have been arrested and thrown into jail for obscenity. For even now at 50+ I hold my spouse's hand when I walk with him. This is no public display of emotion. Its just an emotional assertion to myself. His strong hand clasp affirms to me that all is well with my world. But this, the minister's perverted mind will not understand.

Now the High Court has ruled that kissing in public by a married couple is OK. Well, I am not going to test waters...but I do feel sad for the many Indians who go to their graves waiting for justice to be pronounced on more serious matters.

Maybe our moral keepers need to know that LOVE is not just another four letter word.

1 Comments:

At February 09, 2009 , Blogger Kiran Iyer said...

i do not believe PDA is restricted only to a couple
even when a child crosses d road, a parent would hold the childs hand
its more about the emotion that goes into it
its high time the so called moral police stop taking law into their own hands...its highly appalling

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home