Monday, January 26, 2009

Cogito, ergo sum

I am not a brahmin anymore. At least thats what I have learnt from the TOI today which carried a report on a talk about the status of Brahmin at a community convention. Somebody said that a person’s upbringing is more important and determines his life and philosophy and she was booed. Whereas somebody else said that brahmins- men and women should wear dhoti and sari resp and they were not booed.

So I am not a brahmin as I wear pants and my spouse is not one too as he does not wear dhoti.
Then by that premise I think the world population of brahmins is zilch.

My upbringing has taught me to be good and kind and decent. But that has no importance. I am not dressed correctly. But just a thought ...for a change ....can we all just be humans.....please?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home