Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Celestial view

I must be getting old. I cried at my niece's wedding, very hindi-film-like, immediately after the ceremony. I don't think I cried at mine, nor in any other wedding. In fact I have always wondered why people cry as a ritual immediately after the muhurtham.

But I think I cried more for the people I loved, who were not there in our midst to partake in the joyous event. My mom, my pati, my periamma and so many others. It breaks your heart to know that the familiar faces are getting fewer.

But I hope they watched it all from where ever it is they are.

1 Comments:

At June 23, 2009 , Blogger NJ said...

I always cry at rituals....hell I cry at movies too - maybe I'm a wimp :).

I'm sure that everyone was looking down though and nodding their heads in approval.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home