Monday, August 17, 2009

State of nothingness

I wonder if like my idol AB Sr., I should blog everyday…but then our lives are so very different. There is so much happening in his and so little in mine. Like I told a friend today, I have perfected the art of doing nothing.
When I look back I am amazed at the pace of life that was once mine. The day began early and was a whirlwind till night. At night I slipped into sleep as soon as my head touched the pillow, for weariness took over, with little energy even for thoughts, leave alone action.
These days I spend in leisure. Sometimes a feeling of guilt takes over for I am able to do what is considered a luxury to most, to stand beneath the bough and stare as long as sheep or cows (Thanks WH Davies). I even stop to see the squirrels darting in the garden as I go for walks.
When I analyze the activity which tired me most then, it was the physical strain of getting from here to there. Today my mind travels even further and there is no tiredness. In fact I have never felt so alert in my life as I do now, in my state of nothingness! I saw Big B looking extremely tired and weary on the Filmfare Awards Show. He needs to do nothing now…... like me, i.e. nothing but blog.

1 Comments:

At August 17, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woww! How I wish my life could slow down a bit.. But slow life and Mumbai dont go together.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home