Sunday, October 25, 2009

Thanks Enid

I have never walked so much in my life as I did during our vacation in UK. The countryside in UK is great and it lends itself to hours of pleasurable walking. And to enhance the pleasure one can also draw deep breaths and be assured of good quality oxygen.

All that walking did take a toll on my knee, but that did not stop me. Every morning after a typical English breakfast of oats, eggs (sunny side up…they don’t like their eggs ‘dead’ ……they prefer it runny) and grilled tomatoes and mushrooms and hash browns (here I must pause and crib…..…thank God for idli, dosa, poha etc.) we would set out. Many of the trails had only us and the birds and the trees…

It would have been the cherry on the icing if I had chanced upon the five find outers running away with Buster at their heels and fat Mr. Goon pedaling furiously behind……I did scour the English country side desperately willing my childhood friends to come alive…….well everything else did …I had the buttered scones with jam and delicious sandwiches and English Tea………

Thanks Enid Blyton



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home