Friday, May 7, 2010

Dont' look a gift horse in the mouth!!

The next time you attend a friend's marriage, don't choose your gift, instead give the couple some cash ”at least that's what a survey suggests. The survey found that almost half of prospective spouses would prefer taking cash as the wedding gift.


Well takes me back to my wedding. I think I should have printed 'Gifts in cash only'.

My time, the milk cooker (whatever that means) was a rage. It was a ghastly contraption which emitted a whistle that made you run towards it double quick and switch off the gas, before you and others who heard it turned deaf!... Everybody who had to give a wedding gift bought a milk cooker thinking it to be the 'in gift'. Thus I landed up with 13 milk cookers!!! (I wonder what became of them because when I came back from my 'honeymoon' I din't see them....(I think they were exchanged for other 'sensible' steel vessels, thanks to the local 'steel shop'...talk about resourcefulness!!!). Incidentally, there were many sets of ice-cream cups in steel.....To be truthful, I have never served ice-cream in these cups!

It is sensible to make a wedding registry I think ...like in the west....at least you get what you want....

But what irks me most is when people bring flowers and gifts even when the invite says 'No presents please'. I wonder why?

As for me I never say no to gifts.....even if it means 13 milk cookers!!!


2 Comments:

At May 09, 2010 , Blogger Kiran Iyer said...

Ha ha...
i got loads and loads of photo frames!

 
At May 13, 2010 , Anonymous Sam said...

Honest revelation there... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home